Progress on Vance Seminarian Homes
It has been nearly two years since Oblates and members of the San Antonio community joyfully gathered at this location to celebrate the groundbreaking of what will soon be revealed as the new Vance Seminarian Homes. The five buildings which compose the seminarian complex -and directly face the Oblate School of Theology- have been steadily improving over the past few months and are finally nearing the long-awaited status of completion. Each one of the homes is already projected to fulfill a particular purpose, which will play a role in assisting the future men in formation to become closer to serving the poor and most abandoned of our missions in the name of Mary Immaculate and St. Eugene de Mazenod.
• House #1 will function as the main kitchen and dining room.
• House #2 will function as a small library and community room where meetings will be held.
• House #3 will function as the living room and dining room.
• House #4 will function as the chapel.
• House #5 will function as a living room and dining room.
Below you will find an image of each of the five homes in order. The date of culmination is still yet to be determined, although we expect it to be very soon. The Oblates would like to once again express their continued appreciation to all the kind benefactors whose generous support has made the creation of these homes possible. Please stay tuned for more updates and help us pray for everyone involved in this wonderful project!