U.S. PROVINCE OF THE MISSIONARY OBLATES OF MARY IMMACULATE, INC.
OBLATE SERVICE CORPORATION
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in the Provincial Administration to include Balance Sheet Reconciliations, preparing and/or reviewing Audit Financial Statements, Monthly Financial Statements and Annual budgets. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for day to day operations and all finance roles and positions including payroll functions.
Position: Staff Accountant
Position Status: Exempt/Full-Time – Washington, DC office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analyzed monthly variances
- Prepare and review the monthly journal entries
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly Payroll for Provincial Administration locations
- Responsible for Accounts Payable
- Responsible Accounts Receivable
- Assist in creating and reviewing financial statements
- Responsible for the distribution of departmental financial statements
- Assist departmental managers with financial analysis
- Assist in creating and reviewing budgets
- Assist in creating and reviewing audited financial statements
- Serve as a resource to the Assistant Controller for additional duties as they come up
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be detail oriented, possess strong accuracy skills, work independently and possess decision-making skills. Must have the ability to interact well within multiple departments. Due to financial deadlines person must be able to maintain composure under stress, understand the importance of confidentiality, multi-task while remaining focused on the job at hand.
Education and Experience
4-year degree plan majoring in Accounting, CPA, CMA or CIA is a plus. 5-years of progressive experience in the following areas: General Ledger, Analysis of trial balance, Special projects, Journal entries, Bank reconciliations, Account reconciliations, month-end close, year-end close, financial statements, annual audits and Microsoft Office Applications. Kronos payroll experience preferred. Experience with Great Plains and QuickBooks Accounting Software is preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager
9840 North De Mazenod Dr.
Bellveille, IL 62223
or email: email@example.com
Human Resources Manager
285 Oblate Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78216
or email firstname.lastname@example.org